Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dreams

Recently I treated myself to my very first bed that was truly my own.  Over the years I've had hand-me-down beds, or bad situations where I ended up with nothing but the frame.  So naturally my new brown leather sleigh bed with a custom made mattress was a huge deal for me.  Ever since I've been sleeping in the bed I've been having very vivid dreams.  In the past, I never dreamed much and when I did I never remembered anything about them.

One dream in particular stood out to me.  It was a dream where I met who I believe to be my future daughter.  This dream was major for me for several reasons.  First because I am 31 years old and I have never been pregnant.  This has been a very intentional choice because I have always had a vision for how I wanted my life to be and I had no intention of straying from that until I'd achieved a certain set of goals and married my future husband. 

As I began to approach the age of 30, a fearful thought began to creep into my psyche. What if I can't have children?  I love children and would love to have a family someday so it goes without saying that the mere idea of me not being able to conceive was devastating.  So when I had this dream I was overcome with a sense of peace and hope.

In the dream she was maybe 8 or so months old and we called her MeMe because she looked just like me.  The only difference was her hair was much more shiny and curly than my own. I wonder who her father is going to be?  Will she be as crazy as me?  Will she be sassy with me at the age of thirteen like I was with my Mom?  Will I have to build a fence around the house to keep the boys away? I did a little research on the subject and found that several people have dreamed about their children before they were born. 

MeMe was beautiful and I am excited about meeting her some day.  I just wanted to put it out here so when she comes, I can look back and see that perhaps dreams really do come true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment