Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Intoxication (A Poem)


Your presence is intoxicating
A natural high so stimulating
I can only experience you in moderation
If we continue to be so close
I might overdose
You are my sweet release
My place of peace
Something so good can’t be safe
Tiny increments are all that I can take
Small portions…I can only take a taste
I must pace myself…there’s no need for haste
I’m always left wanting more
Every time that you leave I press my ear, my face, my hand…my heart against the door
In the morning I open my eyes in anticipation of seeing your face
Instead a hangover looms in your place
Hung over from taking in too much of you
You’re like a habit I can’t shake..one hit turns into two
Intoxication…inebriation…I don’t know what to call it
All I know is that I can’t wait for the next installment

No comments:

Post a Comment